PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 19th Nov 2006, 08:31
Mick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORAC
I am the so-called ****-stirring journalist concerned and I would like to make a few points.

A) I have every sympathy for the relatives concerned but as others have pointed out on this thread there are serious issues affecting those left behind which need to be addressed. If you dont think this is a serious issue that puts other people's lives at risk I suggest you go elsewhere.
B) That article is an entirely accurate account of what my sources said, much of it confirmed by the MoD, which given the opportunity to deny the resignations notably failed to do so. It has nothing to do with ****-stirring it is an effort to get this important information out into the open so that there can be a debate. It is supposed to be what the media do, keeping the public informed of things that are going on that shouldnt be going on.
C) Since I am a long-standing member of this forum I thought I was entitled to be treated courteously and your post does not do so. But I would be very happy for it to remain up here in its current form so long as the moderators allow this comment from me to remain up here in return.

There have been a lot of comments made about the media on this forum following the crash, some of it falling very much into the "Good point well made" category, but far too much of it being as pathetic and ill-informed as your post. We all have a job to do in life. As some members already know, for 15 years of my life I was in the services. Now I'm a journalist. I was not responsible for that aircraft going down but I would be responsible if a second one went down and I had deliberately kept information I had that might have prevented it happening out of the public domain.

Have a good day