PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect
Thread: Jetconnect
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2006, 03:25
sebby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhere,

Are people in Australia aware of NZs current financial situation? NZ papers are spread everyday with a different department of people losing jobs to contracters overseas or their particular contract being taken back.

The most recent being their closure of all NZ call centres (except auckland) and just before that the annoncement that all ground handling services will be outsourced to swissport by february next year. Redundancies or new contracts with an overseas company all round.

Im one of the many people still waiting to be offered a training date with NZ LH, ive been waiting 18 months now. I sometimes get an email telling me to sit tight whilst they make the appropriate adjustments to their business model.

My friends who once flew for NZ Pacific, found themselves with the option of giving up their fantastic contract and taking the Zeal one or lose their tasman flying and a lot of allowances with that. Which was the lesser of two evils?

Yes the staff travel is great... but are you aware of the new contract being offered at JC short haul? The new staff travel allowance?

Air New Zealand are losing millions everyday because they cant compete down the back area of the plane. The Zeal crew are infamous for their lack of service because they arent provided with the resourses to supply the customer with what they want. I made the decision to work on older aircraft because I no longer wanted endless overnights or flying duties over 12 hours with 3 to 4 day layovers after that. QF shorthaul can sometimes be a longhaul operation. I moved here with my partner and although tempted to move over to NZ at one stage I made the decision not to go based on what many Zeal crew had told me and the reports I hear from travellers within New Zealand when I go to work everyday. A shame really.

You mentioned the people - unfortunately the people at JC are tired and have had enough. However of the ones that are left from those days you speak of, they still remember them too.

I do appreciate your comments and criticism, and take it onboard. Thanks