PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 18:45
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qcc2 ,

It is interesting when you say AW believes that the company is not interested in confrontation but after 30 years with the company I'd have to disagree with that .

The reason I don't think we will see AWA's yet is that the goverment does not want that to happen wholesale until after the next election for obvious reasons.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know that they want our slipping formula as they have wanted that for many years.

Although they cannot with any ease lower our allowances they can however change the way it is given.

The other usuals such as Long Range allowance and overtime as well as hotels are also obvious targets but unless they are going to have crew for the 380 on a similar set up to J* international then you would think the extra cost of having a dedicated crew would be prohibitive.Then again it is QF we are talking about so nothing should surprise us.That would also give the company one more group to play divide and conquer with.

The faaa have been very quiet as usual so we will probably just have to wait and see what comes up.

It also worries me just a bit that the union will come to us and say "We have some great news guys we managed to get the company down to 240 hours when they wanted 300 hours at the start as well 5000 crew in LHR and FRA and we got them down to 2000 and overtime will now be after 15 hours instead of 17 so we have had a HUGE WIN and strongly recommend that you vote for this EBA."

It is a little like being threatened with death and when you only get shot in the leg ,you think you have won.