PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morale in QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 18:15
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of us who have been with the company for some time and in my case that is just over 30 years will know some things about the company.

There are two words that do not exist and probably have never existed in the QF vocabulary and those are LOYALTY and MORALE.

I have always been very proud to wear a QF uniform however various senior managment have tried to extinguish that sentiment many times during my 30 years.

The classic example was a few years ago at a meeting when the question was asked of a senior manager "What do you intend to do about the low morale problem?"

The answer nearly made me fall out of my chair when she said "I don't see the need for morale therefore I don't see a problem"

There are a lot of people employed by QF who enjoy their job as well as the other usual things we have to think about such as children and the lack of interest in moving away from Australia and that is probably why there is a low attrition rate in a number of areas.

This does not mean that we are enamoured with management and maybe it is misplaced optimism but most of us hope that maybe for once managment might just work with us instead of constantly trying to find ways to do the exact opposite and seemingly destroy morale.For QF have always seemed to believe that an employee is not an asset but a liability.