PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways - Time to Captain
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 14:34
Bootylicious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty good post Shaftspeare...but don't et all huffy about the move to JH just yet.....Balpa are on the case, and if we do move, we'll definitely get some good compensation!!

Does sound like a very down post tho, so I'll put in some good points:
1)Fantastic crew. Obviously the odd tw*t, which makes for a very long day, but every airline has those. The crew are good fun, very sociable, and can make a long day go very quickly.
2)Good route structure. As we fly to some of the most challenging airfields, it's noted highly by other airlines when you eventually apply elsewhere. Makes a ncie change as well to to somewhere chellenging instead of the normal ILS approach...
3)Obscure split duties......yes, there is ONE. How often do you get it? Not that often I'm sure.
4)As for the rosters, once JH is sorted I understand it's next on Balpa's hit list. Won't be long, I'm sure, till we have a fixed roster pattern....

Basically, it has it's bad points, but then so does EVERY airline. It's a fun place to work, with 99% decent crew, friendly staff, and despit moaning about early starts I'm having a great time.

Average monthly salary?? Can be as low as £2800 in the winter when not working much, and as high as £3600 in the summer.