PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schapelle Corby blasts Qantas
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 08:29
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I think she did it, or more likely her brother/half brother or whatever did it and she took the fall.

Over the years a small element within the brotherhood of bagsnatchers has been proven to be less than squeaky clean, but they are not total dopes. If one was going to load a bunch of Noosa Hedz into a bag for pickup in Sydney, you sure as hell would pick a terminating bag or long stay domestic transfer and not an international tranship. Once the thing has left Australia, there is absolutely no control over any planted items.

Where Miss Corby went totally wrong was her handling or lack thereof of the Indonesian Police.They are indeed the finest Police money can buy, and a well placed $20,000 bribe initially would have made all her problems go away. As it became more public, the ante would have gone up but the bastards are so corrupt that there is always a price.

I have personally paid a bribe to make a traffic infringement go away and have been present when a US citizen has bribed his way out of a Visa overstay. This is much more serious, but there is always a price.

Miss Schapell may be ( or was - as the mileage is no doubt clocking up at an alarming rate now) a pretty lady, but unfortunately nobody had given her a good whacking with a clever stick.

I am not in the least amazed that QF wants nothing to do with her. It would be right up there with renaming Club Rat the Osama Lounge.

Best all

EWL