PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schapelle Corby blasts Qantas
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2006, 07:21
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****su,
As you are ovbiously unaware, Schappelle arrived in Bali on an Australian Airlines flight, owned by Qantas. She has filed appeals to the courts disputing her arrest and blaming Qantas for "planting" drugs in her luggage. Now I'm sure that most of us have made our own minds up as to who is the "guilty" one however Qantas is and always will be implicated in this case until proven 100% innocent of this accusation. It is not in the best interest of Qantas to support her claims and therefore not support her or I should say her family proffiting from a book or any other publication written by the accused. Untill this is finally laid to rest, and that will be a long time as appeals in Indonesia seem to be endless how could you expect the prime defendant to support the accused. That could lead to further implications in the future and the decision made by Qantas not to sell the book in it's terminals is quite possibly a choice made by lawyers on behalf of Qantas. And if it did happen to Virgin, well, they would probably cash in and take the puplicity, thank God I work for a company that stands their ground.