PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 18th Nov 2006, 03:55
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerricho
My wife and I were discussing that exact thing this morning when an old work buddy of mine from Brisbane centre emailed me the link.
And I was discussing the same thing with the same bloke this morning. The company has got to get serious. If they want to entice guys with experience, they need to pay them what guys already working with the same experience have, ie the top of the pay scale. Simple. You know full well that Airservices are looking at this as a way of getting the dudes who have left to come back and not actually entice anyone else to leave their job. Guys in the UK are not the target audience. It is the sand pit and Canada. Most of those left knowing if they want to come back, they start at the bottom again. Airservices is thinking that by putting the start up 3 or 4 increments, this may sway some of them. They don't want just straight out experienced people, they want guys with experience in Australian ATC and TAAATS.
Side note, my titties bounce with laughter everytime some idiot does a straight currency conversion from one country to their own/another and bases their perceived level of potential living standard on that. Very very naive.