PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 18th Nov 2006, 01:20
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by niknak
Who, in their right mind, would want make such a move to a country which, on the face of it is a great place to live but in reallity has higher taxes than the UK, greater relative unemployment figures and a climate which would test the most experienced resident of the Sahara desert.
You know I look back fondly at all those countless wasted hours of sitting in traffic on the M25 trying to get to work (soon to be the M27 'eh), while watching the fuel needle slowly drop having paid christ knows how many dollars a litre for gas and insurance in a vehicle I was one of the only people in my street who was lucky enough to have off street parking out the front of my 60 year old 650 square foot half a million dollar semi-detached with a postage stamp of a back yard 30 miles from work because that's all I could afford on my wonderful ATCO salary all the time praying the pollution didn't affect my health and force me to rely on the NHS

No, no wait, it was the single bedroom $650,000 flat in Harrow that I rented across the road from the school that didn't have ANY grass for the kids to play and where I had to leave my car out on the road to be broken into twice that still took me an hour and a half to get to work with all the traffic in the pissing down rain .......... that will always hold a special place in my heart.................rrrriiiiiiigggghhhhhhhtttttt.