PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help save RAF bicester
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 18:18
bc_heritage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are progressing with the Campaign!

Hi All!

First off, thanks to Peter for getting this thread going!

To answer some questions that have been posted here we initially were approached by a consortium of developers a while ago, but thier bid fell through. At this time we are in communication with local authorities and others. Time will tell if anything blossoms out of what is currently happening behind the scenes, we do hope so!

Windrushers is still, and will continue to be active on the airfield which is great news. Windrushers have of course had a long affiliation with RAF Bicester. Please visit their site and go book a few tows!

www.windrushers.org.uk

In regards to RAF Bicester having no combat history many RAF Bomber Command O.T.U's did indeed make up the numbers on quite a few ops, so there is quite a bit of history that remains untold, which I am sure would intrigue people.

Just to let those of you that have posted we seem to have stirred up quite a bit of interest which is great for the RAF Bicester Campaign. Obvously many people out there suffer the "British Disease" that its not worth showing an interest in such a cause, but we have hardened up to that kind of attitude, and are getting some extremely good responses. At such a time of year, i.e Armistice Day, to think of those that trained at RAF Bicester, never to return, it is quite sad that people say there is "No History" to the site.

http://archive.bicesteradvertiser.ne...27/106686.html

If the inevitable does occur, and the site completely re-developed we wish to make sure that the history is told in some way, which would still require a museum, however small on site. Please be aware we are Pro-Aviation and wish to see the flying field remain active.

We continue to seek people that served there, especially during the WWII Period, or relatives that may wish to share stories.

If anyone does feel the urge I am able to supply hard copies of our petition form to people who may wish to stick them up on the wall in their local flying club, or to distribute amongst friends or relatives. No rude comments about where it could be placed either thanks! Just send me an E-mail or contact me direct via our website www.bc-heritage.org

From all the Team at BCH, thanks for posting to this thread, and keep 'em coming!

More at a later date!

Best regards

Tony
Secretary