PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 17:29
Archimedes

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
RSS, with respect, I think that one could note that both both those accidents have been widely covered (and in some detail) both in print and on the internet. I read the full details of the Syerston incident in a book while I was still at school, and although I always get the book wrong (it's not the one with the photo of the actual accident on the front), I do recall that the author was far less diplomatic than BEags. The XL390 loss, however, hasn't received similar attention.

I thought that there had, in fact, been two queries via Pprune about the tragedy from or on behalf of family members. Speculating on why this might be so is pointless, and since at least two Ppruners who were closely associated with the accident and its aftermath believe that to revisit the incident here would risk causing further pain to the bereaved, I have to agree that I can't see the point in pushing this any further.

Finally, those on here who know won't say and have made clear that they won't. Which again raises the question of why push the matter on this thread when it will achieve nothing?