PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 16:09
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim McLelland
I have to say there seems to be a degree of unnecessary drama contained in the comments on the Glenview incident. I don't quite understand why discussing the technicalities of any crash is judged (by some) to be ill-advised. Surely, information (rather than mis-information) is always a good thing? Likewise, we've already established that all the facts will be avilable in two years, so what's the difference? As for any potential risk of upsetting families associated with the incident, this presupposes that any of them would ever be reading Pprune, doesn't it?!
Tim, I think BEags is saying that there is one more chance not to dig a hole before the thread disappears. I don't want to take issue with you but I will over two points.

1. Not withstanding that all will be revealed in 2008 the current talk is clearly upsetting people and regardless of the rights or wrongs it is not our place to continue so to do when someone says "stop poking me in the eye."

2. The second issue is the unsubstantiated and demonstrably incorrect assumption that families don't read Prune. I have been contacted by the son of a former crash victim who wanted to know if I knew the father an dif I could throw any light on the incident. That person has made a pilgrimage to the crash site many times in an attempt to understand why the crew died. I shall say no more.

In essence, please drop it.