PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect
Thread: Jetconnect
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 13:38
GorgeousKiwiGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sebby
GKG these people are referring to long haul recruitement, at NZ in the "ZEAL" department these people would never earn what they will at jetconnect long haul. The base salary is over 30k now and with 1 - 12 day trips the allowances are through the roof.

The recruitment process is rigorous and involves role plays and is not in any bit like the short haul department that you used to work for.

You are essentially "QANTAS", but you are employed by Jetconnect on a different contract to mainline crew to save Big Red billions of dollars. They are earning much more than 23k plus DTA, and have worked a lot harder to get there in the recruitment process.

Air New Zealand is so unstable i wouldnt touch them and recently withdrew from ZEAL for this reason. The word New Zealand shouldnt be in their compnay name... they dont want to seem to keep their profits here. ..... just outsource as much as they can!
That's all a matter of opinion, not fact , but I appreciate where you are coming from, Sebby.

I "assumed" a couple of the people above were talking about short-haul as they had recent recruitments, and they were also talking about Wellington. Last time I heard l/h did not have a WLG base. Correct me if that has changed.

It doesn't matter either way anyway . What I am getting at (I have been a flight attendant for quite some time now with QF mainline s/h, QF Jetconnect s/h and now NZ/Zeal s/h) is that if one were given the chance to go to Air New Zealand (under the Zeal contract) and J/C s/h, in my opinion they'd be crazy to go for J/C s/h. If, however, J/C is their starting point as a career as a flight attendant - then go for it. It's great as a foot in the door, gives you some fab experience and a chance to see the country and a lil bit of Aussie.

Both companies no doubt have their pros and cons and we can disagree until we are blue in the face really, lol. But Zeal has better pay then J/C shorthaul (I can show you my J/C payslips and Zeal payslips if you want proof - lol), SYD and BNE (not to mention DUD, HLZ, AKL, CHC, PMR, WLG) overnights with allowances, fab hotels (all 4-5 star), amazing cabin crew who are extremely knowledgable, great managers, fab opportunities for advancement and of course the pride in representing our nations carrier. I feel fantastic going to work and jumping on an Air NEW ZEALAND plane everyday giving that amazing Kiwi hospitality, service, cuisine and beverages and hearing again and again from our passengers just how much they love our service.

Flights attendants at Zeal can take home up to $2,000 per f/n (depending on their base and if they are a trainer as well etc) + allowances. Some ISM/Trainers are on $3,000 per f/n, so that's nothing to sneeze at. And if we are going to compare Air New Zealand l/h with J/C l/h ... well ... where do I start ... about 8 times the pay for a start - lmao! J/C has certainly come a long way, don't get me wrong and thank god ... but I was there at the start, as I have been for Zeal. And if Zeal are doing this well for only 5-6 months in the making, imagine what they are going to be doing in six years time (amount of time J/C has been going) .

As for NZ outsourcing their money, lmao. 1) that is largely untrue. 2) even if it is, that has nothing to do with what the company are like to work for. 3) Air New Zealand, like QANTAS is a BUSINESS - bills have to be paid and profits go back in to the company building the brand and expanding the airline to be te very best, hence us being the first airline in the world to get the new 7E7 Dreamliners (registered under Zeal). 4) I, personally, have never been so happy to go to work every day and so proud of the company and people I work for/with than I am here at NZ/Zeal.

P.S. As you also do not work for long-haul, we are in the same boat of what we know of how it works really, lol. One of my best friends just started with J/C l/h and loves it to death, which is awesome. He's never been so happy. Three of my former J/C colleagues are at l/h now, two love it, one tolerates it, lol. Yet another friend has been there for three years and loathes it with a passion (mind you he came from BA and Emirates so what does he expect - lmao). It's all what you make of it really, like anything. And I KNOW l/h is alot different than s/h, hun. I was not ever arguing that .

Have a great weekend.