PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morale in QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 08:21
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger

Originally Posted by Whiskey Oscar Golf
So please could all you satisfied, happy QANTAS people let us know how well you are being treated. I am sure it's not all that bad.
I enjoy the job. I enjoy working with the majority of my colleagues. I enjoy the fact that the pay keeps turning up every fortnight.

I do not enjoy being treated like an idiot. I do not enjoy being told that my operational culture would 'pollute' the LCC even if I did want to go across there. I do not like having my association negotiate an MoU in good faith only to have the conditions imposed by the LCC so restrictive that very few people can take advantage of it. I do not enjoy being told that my colleagues in the SH side of things don't even deserve a pay rise whilst Dixon et al take bonuses and pay rises and sorts of largesse at everyone elses expense. I do not enjoy that the LCC is artificially 'propped up' by my QF mainline bretheren whilst we are told that our costs aren't competitive. I do not like the penny pinching cost of everything, value of nothing attitude that continually flows down. I do not like having to apologise to passengers ad infinitum about why the service they are getting is crap because of some company stuff up that has occurred because we're penny pinching. I do not like providing feedback to some new change thought up by someone who lives and works in an office, only to be ignored- and then have that same office dwelling genius discover 1 month to 3 years later that perhaps that change wasn't smart after all ('boxes', removing hand towels from business, etc, etc, etc). I do not like seeing colleagues (not just pilots) bullied by others- be they management or just those senior to them in rank.

Originally Posted by griffinblack
If your morale is low ... LEAVE. Stop bleating.
Griffinblack, someone else asked the question and so I'm not bleating, I'm just contributing to the discussion. If you don't like the contributions take your own advice and LEAVE. No one forces you to read the thread. No one forces you to hit the 'submit reply' button. So if you're not going to contribute to the discussion then wrack off. Just because I'm still at QF (and love it as an airline) doesn't mean that I'm happy with the direction it is taking or the way I'm treated. Is it that bad yet that I'll leave? Not quite but for a few it is....and they're going and in much larger numbers than I've ever seen previously at QF. For someone who has always seen QF as my career that is incredibly worrying. So feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion if you'd like but given your first contribution I'm not banking on you providing anything that would be particularly worthwhile!

Last edited by Keg; 17th Nov 2006 at 08:23. Reason: Edited to include griffin's post to make it clear that I had changed who I was talking to.