PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX KA intergration- Food for thought
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2006, 03:57
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
ACMs

Settle down a bit mate. Chill. I see your points. Look at it this way - if KA bought out HK Express none of us here would want to see those guys go senior to us in OUR airline. So i know where you are coming from. But i just think a little bit more thought than what you were applying is needed. No doubt your solution is best for the CX guys, but tragic for half the KA guys - the F/Os. You said my position would be safe against and S/O taking my command. I am currently an F/O - so under your system your S/O gets a command before me. AS an F/O with kids i just break even here. Extend my command out by another 8 years or so and myself and many of my buddies will run. Surely not what CX or KA wants at a time of high recruitment.

Now, on a more mature personal note DO NOT start crapping on about dick measuring contests when you re writing comments like "CX has bought the little ship KA...." that is dick measuring at its best. Enough hypocrisy.

My comment about how it will cost CX billions. i thought the meaning was obvious - but for you I will spell it out. It was my tongue in cheek jibe at going through all the more "senior CX pilots" who at the moment are failing in dumbfounding numbers - add up the cost of waste training until you get to the KA guys who can actually pass. VERY TONUGUE IN CHEEK. Before all the CX guys get ****faced at me - the high failure rate cannot come down to incompetent pilots, it just doesn't make sense. I know you are all highly competent and MUST be being let down by systemic problems. But no doubt management will continue to blame the drivers and not start asking themselves is there something wrong with the system.

And as far as I am concerned - I see no inevitability of a merged seniority list. And I know I stand to be wrong just like those with other opinions stand to be wrong