PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1ACC / RAF Kirton in Lindsey / RAF Scampton future
Old 16th Nov 2006, 07:37
Proletarian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boulmer will eventually close

I think most people are gradually coming around to the realisation that Boulmer will close, it's not really a matter of if, just when. The problem is relocating the SFC and, given the problems at Scampton, I think that can be completely ruled out as a possible location, however attractive the idea might have origionally seemed. I actually feel really sorry for all the people who's lives have been completely disrupted by the miss-management of this re-location programme - as an example of bad planning and inept decisions, it really takes some beating. Whoever did the investment appraisal of the outlay necessary to re-open Scampton, should be named and shamed, it must rate as one of the worse examples of staff work ever produced - however, he/she has probably been promoted for their 'efforts'.

I think the SFC will have to eventually move to a 'PTC unit' where it can reside under the Training Group, like other similar organisations in the RAF - quite why it has been allowed to remain outside the Training Group for so long is a complete mystery. I know the ACACS people are 'digging in' at Boulmer and seem determined to hang on as long as possible, but eventually the message will sink in, so if I were you I would be casting my eyes around for a suitable piece of empty real estate on one of the 'PTC stations'. Better to jump, before you're pushed!

Proletarian

Last edited by Proletarian; 16th Nov 2006 at 14:10.