PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada flying for Qantas
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2001, 06:32
idleopdes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been attempting to educate myself before accepting a posting to NZ to fly for QF on this 767 wetlease. I had always wanted to have a look at this corner of the globe and this seemed like a good opportunity.... however it seems like this would be a somewhat controversial assignment. Then I read F/O Gurnell's note with some interest as he had been involved last Easter when a/c were grounded.
However his remark...

null "I discussed the situation with the VP Flt. Ops today who mentioned the fact that your association had ok'd our crews but I suggest that ACPA, which is a uniquely self serving organization, be buried in paper"

has convinced me that I should go ahead and take the assignment. If, as he states, he is trying to convince as many AC pilots as possible to stay home, he hasn't helped his cause by critisizing ACPA at this particularly difficult time for this industry as a whole. Your true Blue colours are showing. ACPA stood up for the AC pilot group just as ALPA did for the CAIL pilots.
It would also seem that CAIL was treated better in this part of the world than Ansett was down under....

Dave Main
767, YYZ