PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decompression CO1881/8NOV
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 22:20
FLCH
Buttonpusher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since no one was posting to my thread I gave up putting up any info here I guessed the pprune community was insulted by an SLF daring to post in their hallowed world.
A friend of an acquaintance is working with maintainance at CO in IAH. He will let us know what was wrong with the aircraft.
LH499 MEX-FRA made a rather quick landing in PHL yesterday morning:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...412Z/MMMX/KPHL
It continued a few hours later and landed 6h late in FRA.
Oliver, What makes you think you are due an accounting for your experience ? It's not the first time a depressurization has happened and it's not going to be the last, if you wish to over dramatize the occurrence then please go ahead. The facts were (according to your account) the auto-pressurization failed, the checklist was followed the pax and crew were put on another plane to get to where they were going. What else is there to say on a pilots BB ?? If this was a strictly maintenance BB maybe someone could shed some light on the cause, as I hope your friend will do and maybe inform us all. It's a waste of time pontificating on what possibly could have happened (although some may find it fun). Most pilots like to deal with facts, and with so little real facts at hand, it seems rather pointless to speculate.