PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Canada
Thread: Thanks Canada
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2001, 11:34
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
"I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?
If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?"

Yes, but - other countries can do it, too - from what I hear, the Arrow would stil p*ss all over stuff they have today, and let's not forget they didn't invent Concord(e), the Spitfire, the Harrier, the AS 350, Agusta 109.......

"When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the
United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped."

"Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble?"

Canadians have been helping with their forest fires and have gone to New York

"Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon?"

I'm told the Russians did, and before the Americans, although their man did die there - apparently it's in the Guiness Book of Records, under Space Casualties.

I would like to think, when it comes to charitable actions, that most civilised countries, if they occupied the USA's position in the world, would have behaved the same way.

phil

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: paco ]