PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm really a big wannabe...
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2001, 08:33
Strong Winds

Thumbs up

Normally once youīre graduated what you do is you start instructing in the school you flew at, provided the chief pilot decides the 8 month interview you had with him was satisfactory.
Thatīs a one thing youīre sometimes able to negotiate.
I donīt mean you trade money for a job promise. Anybody that promises a job before knowing how you fly is fooling you. All I am saying is that you can go to a school and ask what your possibilities of flying for them are, once you have the ratings. They should be able to give you an honest answer.

In my case, I flew in the States and I got a work visa just in case they liked me good enough and they decided to hire me. They did.

You can work as an instructor until you have 1500 hours and are able to get your ATP.
Keep in mind that instructing involves a lot of responsibility and you should be the first one to prioritize safety and quality of training and not time building.

Once you have 1200 hs and some 200-300 in multi engine a/c itīs easy to get a job flying cargo, taxi, etc... Chances are youīll start flying a light twin, then move into turboprops and then into jets.

I canīt talk about the canadian market, but I am told itīs hard for low timers, and not so hard for experienced pilots.

Good luck and be safe !!