PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 18:09
Babyfactory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please forgive this intrusion, but it does have some relevance.

I only view this forum as I have family connections to the RAF from my recently-retired husband, through my Father back to his uncle who served on Catalinas - it sometimes seems like the only way that I can understand why the men in my life are the way that they are.

I was very lucky: despite often leaving his family concerned as to whether he would come back while performing his duty, I have a whole and healthy husband. I have a friend whose husband's life and service ended in a smoking hole. While she and her family were helped in their grieving by the support that they received from his service mates and the inquiry process, I am sure that she would not be helped by people raking over the incident unnecessarily, in fact I am convinced that she would find it very hurtful indeed.

I understand that many of you have an abstract professional interest, please be patient, it will be satisfied without the danger of hurting the families of those involved when everyone who needs to know the details is given them in 2008.

Last edited by Babyfactory; 15th Nov 2006 at 21:02. Reason: Spelling