PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 17:13
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe this is only me, but I really don't think that it's airbridges which encourage an airline to launch flights to a new airport. I would think it's the landing fees, catchment area, demand for the route, any marketing subsidies available and to a lesser extent perhaps the general facilities of the airport (more likely to be ample check-in facilities, quick security queues, lounge availability) rather than covered walkways to the terminal. You'll actually notice a common complaint from many airlines, particularly those in the low-cost sector or smaller airlines, is that these gold-plated terminals that airports want to build for prestige, bump up the cost of flying to these airports and are inherently unpopular. Most airlines would prefer a functional terminal, which after the winter upgrades EMA is going to more than offer.

I think the questionnaire on the website more than indicates EMA's talks with airlines from that region about flights, after all a number of FR cities were offered in a similar questionnaire before Ryanair eventually announced their new routes.

Heard the other day that Penauille-Servisair may go to being called just Servisair again. Any truth in that rumour?