PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest info on Oasis?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 17:13
jetcollie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the package has been covered elsewhere but to summarize:
For type-rated FOs basic is £50000 based on 804 flying hours with any overtime hours paid at £67 + £2.80 TAFB + an annual bonus of 15% of basic (paid after 3 years backdated, thereafter annually). Also Loss of licence and private medical cover. There are no pension arrangements yet but the 15% bonus should help. Salary is paid into a HKG bank account. All will be taxed 16% by HKG but most countries have arrangements to prevent double taxation - assuming you declare it!

For non type-rated guys I believe internal discussions are still on-going re the best method of recovering the rating costs - you'll have to check at the interview.

It really is a very happy, friendly airline at the moment with the best of characters from BA, Cathay and elsewhere. Managers are some of the most approachable you'll ever meet. Promotion prospects are excellent on the back of the expected expansion.

I would highly recommend that you at least go along for the interview to see for yourself and be sure ask all the questions you want - then make your own mind up. Good Luck.

Last edited by jetcollie; 8th Dec 2006 at 07:43.