PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From a Boeing to an Airbus - Pilot Point of View
Old 15th Nov 2006, 16:47
wileydog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dartagnan
after reading your comments on the autothrottle, I remember when in the 320sim , you have to "recycle" the throttle, or you have no power.

I can not say at what stage of the flight, we got this "simulation"or if it was a sim problem, but our instructor told us to recycle the power...
It sounds like a sim or sim instructor problem.

One thing that does confuse is "TOGA LOCK" where the thrust can go to TOGA and the action to get the thrust out of TOGA is to take the thrust levers up to TOGA and then back. It is not a big deal IF you understand what has happened. If you are confuses, moving or non-moving thrust levers won't make a lot of difference.

While on the 'bus, I disconnected the 'stuff' occcasionally just to reintroduce 'soul' back into the airplane (to use the jargon from another post). Moving the thrust levers and flying without a flight director didn't exactly take me back to the DC-3 and without trim, I was still some distance from the airplane but a lot of the fuss over the -320 comes from people who haven't flown the airplane.

I always said to senior guys, "It is not only confusing but with all those electrons floating around, I read one report that it can either make you sterile or cause erectile dysfunctions. And the entire oral must be done in FRENCH!!" My efforts were not totally successful in keeping the senior boys off...