PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spare a thought for MACC ATSA's
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 15:41
TATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anotherthing
TATC

one can re apply after x amount of years if one has failed a rating course. Whether one is employed as an ATSA should be neither here nor there as long as the pre requisite (x) number of years have passed.

I for one think we should be looking to ATSAs to apply; they might not make it, but i reckon the pass rate percentile would be higher than for the same number of people just off the street. And the ATSAs would have a bit more insight into ATC, something the new course structures do not, sadly, allow students to achieve.

However, I am sure Barron et al would be against ATSAs applying as they would go to the college on their current pay, hence an ex ATSA trainee would cost more than a £10k + sell the Big Issue to stay alive, off the street trainee.

And therein lies the crux of the problem methinks - management short term outlook - money over results
I assume by failinga rating course you are referring to failing whilst at the college - I was more thinking of people failing while training at a unit