PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which ATPL Ground School?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2006, 12:52
normann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello sorry for my english .i m french.

it has a difference about the atpl level in europe .
in uk it is 650 hours for the classroom for 6 months in france it is 1500 hours for 12 months .
the french atpl s books and courses are more based on maths and physics more than the other european country . try to have a look on the french manual of " mermoz institute in paris " and make a comparaison with jeppesen or oxford : they are more easier to understand for all the 14 subjects than the french manual.

the purpose of the atpl courses in france is not to help you to pass the exam and to have it .but it is to prepare you to have aeronautical background .you will learn more than the jaa requirements and it is very difficult to learn what will help you exactly for the exam.
i give you an example ..in a french institute called " creufop in the south of france they have studied more than 50 hours on the engine .in the exam it has 3 questions only for the engines.they never teach you the essential .i need only to find a atpl institute in europe who will tech me the essential for the exam and not more.
if someone can help me ..thank you and sorry for my english