PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 15th Nov 2006, 02:01
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCUX
I read somewhere the other day that 93% of the time the meaning of the written word is misinterpreted.

I am almost 100% honest in the cockpit, including in training/checking, which is why it has cost me...trust me, people senior to you don't like it when you disagree with how they do things. I don't presume to know better than them, but when it comes to personal opinion on non SOP items, I listen to everyones ideas and then do whats right for me, not the checker on the day. It definitely puts noses out of joint. Recently an infamous Checker told me he remembered me as a 'punchy FO'...I guess I didn't laugh at bad jokes or flatter and told him when he was wrong!

No matter the politics....does it cost anything to keep your mouth shut on opinion on checks/training...argue SOP that is fine, but not the niff naff.

It does sound like those other airlines are quite good. But guess what we are here. My ex military job was way better for professionalism and lack of political b&*sh*t. But this job pays more so I choose to stay here. I have friends who have worked in QF(long and short haul), National Jet, EK, Asiana...in fact one of them has worked for all of them since he left CX. He still regrets leaving CX...he said it has the best work culture of all..and when he left he was only flying with the 'long shirters with cuff links' on the -400. I do remember an airbus CN leaving to join Virgin...and his salary there(as CN) was the same as an FO here...it has probably improved since though!

So maybe there are better options than CX....but the salary and the culture will keep me a while longer. It could definitely use improving though!