PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 15th Nov 2006, 01:51
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Numero Crunchero
Five Green...
statistically speaking, you can get a very accurate prediction of the total vote from a sample as small as 30people...I think it is called the "Student T distribution" or some such mumbo jumbo. Point is...700...70...1700...you can always 'spin' the numbers. I think Nick said only 15% or something voted against it...technically true as over 50% could not vote as they weren't in the AOA, and anther 10% chose not to vote even though they were in the AOA. You can always spin numbers...the facts are that out of those that bothered to vote, 57% voted yes, 43% voted no to RP07.
The whole idea is to get all the AOA members to vote. It is better to abstain than not to vote. It shows you are concerned with the issue and following along. Not voting tells us nothing but that you are apathetic on the issue, something that has an affect on how seriously any changes are negotiated.

As for the spin on non-members as I have said before if the company made it clear that they were only going to negotiate with the AOA and supported the AOA recruiting then this problem of representation would go away! Then anyone who does not like the AOA might join and try to fix it from within !!!

FG