PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the best route to be a commercial airline pilot?
Old 15th Nov 2006, 01:19
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North America or Europe?

My 2 cents worth for you:
Jinkster's advice is a possible option. That said, if you have an option to get some multi engine line experience somewhere else in the world and then come back to Europe, that type of experience may be more appealing to a European employer (and that is all I am saying in fear of opening a can of worms!)

I did the opposite to you. I came to Canada with the right to work here, did a Canadian CPL ME/IR and am now going back to the UK to convert it back. In three years here since qualifying I have now managed to acquire nearly 1100hrs of which over 800 is multi piston line experience, nearly half of that multi PIC. What I am saying to you is that if you can get a job in the US with fairly low hours and build some multi time in a commercial op then you must do it if your means allow. A couple of years experience and some quality time will give you a big advantage when you return to the UK to apply for work. If it was turbine time that would be even better, but MEP works too.
Good luck...