PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAE 737 damged?
Thread: AAE 737 damged?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 23:06
Truth Seekers Int'nl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a email from one of my mates in aae last week and it seems there is more to this than meets the eye.......i have deleted and edited for brevity and relevance.................
Buon giorno *******,

Thank you for your hospitality on our recent …………………………………

On the work front, things are more chaotic now than they were just after the Ansett collapse. They still haven’t found a replacement for Bucks (who we have since found out, stuck it to Qantas re the 727 replacement) after they sacked him and we have been without a CEO for some time now…………………………………………… The 737 program I was telling you about has been nothing short of a disaster and may well turn out to be one of the greatest corporate decision f**k ups in QF history………………………………………………………………………………………

We were told that EFA (Express Freighters Australia – read QF or Express F**K up Again!) would have four 737s up and running by the end of December………………………………………………………………………. They only have one and that has to be helped out every second night with a couple of Metros down to Tassie because it can’t carry the load. We were told they dropped the first one and wrote it off and because they are taking more care with the next three our four may not be up and running by March ’07. Meanwhile, NJS are selling the 727s so we may not have them in the New Year either. I have heard that Australia Post are not happy with the situation and if they bail out, we shall all be looking for a new job.

It’s a cock up of mammoth proportion but I still have our lotto numbers in every week end!........................................................ ............................................................ .......
looks like dicko could have stuffed this one up...........plenty of work up here with cx freight if anyone wants a job............