PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-pilot looking for work...
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2001, 18:35
JimLyn

I don't think you're getting the point, Penguin... and I'm not trying to waste peoples time here (or anywhere else).

My original post - as an "Ex-pilot" - stated "Desperately looking for useful work back in aviation, willing and able to relocate. Willing to take on Operations and/or admin functions, to start at the bottom again, and to learn whatever is required. Also interested in accident investigation and technical matters."

Nowhere do I say that I'm NOT looking for a flying job, but I do suggest that I'm looking for a ground-based position, and that's what I want.

In fact I already hold a Canadian CPL/ME that had an IR way back in 1970-ish, and (unless WestJet calls me) I am looking for ground job in the UK. It's that simple.

At age 52 it's not productive for me to seek a flying job any more. I can't afford that $5K to $6K for a Canadian instructor's rating or the time to go through a medical Tribunal any more.

As an immigrant that was sponsored under a 10-year bond I don't qualify for UI - in fact under the new rules there are many Canadians out of work who do not qualify for the same UI they paid for themselves.

And here's another useless tax - self-employed people have to pay into UI but can't claim on it either.

I might add that I also do not qualify for a Canada Pension, although whatever I earn in Canada I must pay into the scheme by law through a portion of my income tax.

So it's not quite that simple... as far as I am concerned I'm running out of money and looking for a ground job in the UK using my many talents.

I hope that clears things up...

Jim Lynch
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by JimLyn (edited 21 May 2001).]