PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-pilot looking for work...
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2001, 20:43
JimLyn

Been there, done that too (Jeez, no TShirt this time).

My airline started using the FS facilities for ab initio Splash-8 training with our own Training Captains and the Chief Pilot got me in the door for an interview (to this day they have never acknowledged or replied to my solo application).

I had the interview and thought I left a good impression. But the letter I got was a respectful negative. So, if they don't want the former employee of a current client, it's not likely to happen.

I subsequently met with one of their instructors and they told me I was better off not having the job - too much internal politics and very little respect for working conditions.

Thanks for the suggestions, though, and you can begin to see why I'm getting kind of desperate. I've sent out literally thousands of applications and pulled miles of strings, but there's nothing to show for it.

And is why I encourage anyone who reads this to fire something at me - anything. I will follow up all leads in the hope that the scattershot principle will give me some kind of success.

Many thanks in advance, all...

Jim Lynch
[email protected]