PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 19:34
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhoopWhoop Whoops
I understand why you are so upset, but you have to deal with the facts as they are and the law as it is, not as you you would like it to be. Each group of pilots has sold the next generation down the river, my group did not save APS (however at the time I voted to pull the plug to save APS but my fellow pilots did not, at the time BA was awash with cash). Your group has allowed BARP to come into being, nobody is lilly white here. The problem is, it is just not winable, BA is not even in sole control of its destiny in this matter. The trustees are the ones in final control. To go under the illusion that the Trustees will agree to BALPA,s demands is a fantasy. The NAPS trust composition is 6 company trustees ,1 pensioner trustee, 5 employee trustees. The employees do not even control the NAPS trust. How do you expect to win.
Hey, Iam only asking a simple question. Will a strike make one bit of difference to the attitude of the Pirates running the show at Waterworld?

Look at EI (as per previous posting) Its a shadow of its former self, albeit in a much healthier state but is 'low cost' on domestic/European routes, and about to leave the OneWorld Alliance due to this.

A strike will be the straw that breaks the camels back. Once a strike is called and flights stop, the confidence from passengers, business and the city will disolve quickly and for a very very long time. WW will have no option but to 'bankrupt' the company, and then where do WE ALL go? He will be left with no alternative but to scale the operation right back (Sabena, Swissair stylee) Although these airlines failed for entirely different reasons.

Yes there will be some sort of operation eventually but can you honestly see the same set-up after the fall-out with everyone being re-employed...

As I said previously, who knows what the outcome will be. There isnt an easy answer and I genuinely feel for all caught up in this nightmare, but once you call the strike, there is no going back and you have nothing left to bargain with