PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-pilot looking for work...
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2001, 19:39
JimLyn

Wink

Been there, done that. Transport Canada want all current ALTP pilots... which I am no longer.

I even thought of doing the Accident Investigation course in the US at my own expense, but finances are running low and I can no longer justify taking a chance on that luxury.

I have been through this job mill for six years now (I don't qualify for the dole here) and Canada is becoming too expensive to live in and too hard to get a job of any kind. Even fairly basic jobs now at a decent level require a Degree of some kind plus at least a year of experience.

HR Departments in Canada seem to be totally divorced from reality in specifying job requirements, but somehow they seem to be getting the people.

If I can't get a job in Canada my next choice really is the UK, where knowledge, experience and a personal contact still seems to be more valuable than the truckload of fake paper cerificates you can dump at an employer's door as a resume.

I do thank you for the suggestion, though. Any and all contributions are much appreciated.

Jim Lynch