PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 18:45
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys and gals...

Iam a BA employee going through self-funded flying training.

Just to put all this information into context - Will the flightcrew honestly strike? Beleive me I wouldnt like to be told that my pension was basically being 'hijacked' and 'pilfered' at will by the company, that what I signed up for and paid into as per the agreement - was not going to materialise. That the management of BA (or lack of) were dictating the terms and conditions of pensions and retirement agreements...

What will it take to sort this farce out? So far the management are not backing down - and will they? Willie Wonka took on EI and slimmed it right down. Will a strike give him the chance to do the same at BA?

Tomorrow night, the ground staff at EDI will attend a very heated and fierce 'Staff Forum' with management from London, regarding their future. It looks like we will all be out the door, and a handling agent will step in with a 'cheap as chips' deal... If 450 staff from the regions can be swept aside, then beware. It may be that the savings go into the pot for the pensions - who knows