PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Partnavia crash at Rottnest Island
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 14:19
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gidday Chuck - Gawd, is she THAT old already........

The Partial Aviator will most certainly continue to aviate on one fan with a full load - if you manage it how it is designed to be managed, as per the POH. Jeez, you don't even have to worry about the gear.....down and welded. I did my intial twin on it some years back and part of the program was a fully loaded assy missed approach (it don't take much ballast with full tanks to reach MTOW). It doesn't climb like a rocket, but it does climb.

I seem to recall a Part Banana prang a couple years ago - maybe in EnZed - where the pilot couldn't physically move the fuel selectors to acheive crossfeed (they're on the cockpit ceiling, rather than the roof) because they were frozen in place from lack of use. Good reason for those fuel selector checks on the runup checklist.

And a 'suddun pitch down' surely does sound like a stall.......

Anywho, I guess the ATSB eport will fill in the gaps currently being speculated on.

PS - statistical evidence proves beyond question that the second most dangerous thing on the road is an under-25 male driver. The MOST dangerous thing you can do on the road is be a passenger in a car driven by an under-25 male at night.