PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 13:09
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't really see where all this banter of Easy vs Jet2 is leading. To me it's very simple. On routes that are duplicated then it simply comes down to the all encompassing word 'Service' which consists of numerous elements including flight timings / frequency & price. Some people value price paramount, others are able take a more pragmatic view. Accepted that marketing has a strong influence & on this score Easy probably has the highest profile & thus the most to lose should their performance not be seen to be up to scratch. But in reality I really can not see that Easy's problems this year if not replicated in future will have one jot of an effect on next years bookings though clearly competition will, and this is always good for the consumer even though it may be seen to be to the long detriment of the airlines.
Personally I have to date had only positive experiences on my use of EZY out of NCL, & thus there is also the 'brand loyalty', but unless in the unlikely event of a head to head on both timings & cost then this is basically irrelevant, as indeed would be 'brand aversion' to other punters.