PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool (again!)
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 09:49
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mydata , I have flown to blackpool on a number of occasions both for sightseeing and landing trips. I have always found wharton to be spot on even when their launching EFA's and hawks at you like scud s. If you give Blackpool aring prior to coming in wharton will be waiting for your call , they will then tell you when to qsy to blackpool tower rather than you tell them . For sighsteeing purposes the best plan of attack is skirt north of wharton to fleetwood and then follow the beach right down the golden mile past the tower when you see the plesasure beach keep it on your left and that is almost a final approach assunimg they are on that runway . The A/F is clearly visible all the way down the golden mile the land curves left where the estuary is and the A/F is stuck in corner. Wharton can be active at weekends but in the main it isnt , however woodvale is south of blackpool and the UAS and air cadets do fly out of it most weekends . I have always found blackpool very accomodating and pleasant if not a bit costly , but havent been there since the security scrares . Beter still give blackpool a miss and head west and land at caernarfon much more scenic and lovely , cheaper landing fees and nicer food