PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2006, 07:09
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Chugalug2
and one can only hope that they are at least being fed well
only because PAYD seems to have stalled.

GMP
If meltdown continues like this, assuming this is not wholly unexceptional, it won't be long before the CAA takes control. Now that really is a worry
Too late. In the fictional drama, Mrs Pritchard (Tuesday nights) a couple of weeks back they said how CAAs powers had been devolved to Europe. On Sunday the Sunday Torygraph carried much the same story and mentioned that morale in the CAA was at rock bottom with many jumping ship. Now that is really really worrying.

and
It first became an issue of discussion when there was talk (very brief I'm glad to say) of merging the supply and engineer branches; and proposing to allow suppliers to hold down engineer posts.
Ah, if at first a frontal assault fails lets try the back door. "I know, we will let you take over Supply. You can be called OC Eng and Supply Wg. How's that Sir?"

Later, tears (sic although I initially meant years) later, "We need a bit of reorganisation for this new EAW concept, let's call you OC Forward Sir. You can sort the engineering on any deployed kit. All the other stuff like stores and jets in the shed? Oh we'll call that the Logistics tail, need an OC Logistics Wing though. Yes Sir, I guess he could be a supplier."

Fiction, mmm, well just watch. As for a supplier signing off a 700, no problem, you've got JEngOs and SEngOs for that. Supply could take all the non-signing jobs like OC the Wg.