PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 14th Nov 2006, 04:28
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here he goes again

Originally Posted by ACMS
FCUX said
Playing the game is:- using "accumulted knowledge, experience and talent" combined with "street smarts"
Don't forget suckin arse, towing the company line, and putting your family second ! Where do I get "street smarts" from ?

That's what they want to hear, not "f.... you Cathay, I deserver better"
See now that is the whole problem right there. If you speak out against the training system this is how you are thought of ! It is an extremely simplistic viewpoint. Just because I disaree with some of the system does not mean that I am saying F you CX . On the contrary I am trying to point out, as did Kiwi, that there are some simple improvements that can be made in the training department.

Things evolve slowly, out with the old in with the new doesn't happen overnight. You should know the system, work with it not against it.
Exactly we should work with it to improve it !I do not expect it to change overnight. We do need to continue to keep this issue in the limelight and help it change gradually. That is why the AOA should keep a dialogue on this issue going.
What is the failure rate at the moment? I know it's damn close to 0% on the 777. maybe that's why I have the opinion I do, coming from the best fleet
Not to belittle the improved rate on the 777 but you must look at yearly averages not just a good week or two. The meer fact that one fleet has a better pass rate than another by such a margin should prove to you that the system needs some tweeking.
Five Greens there are 3 important points in the back of the 777 FCTM:
1/ SOP
2/ Convention and
3/ Opinion.
Keep these in mind.
It's easy to say, but I'll say it again......"play the game"
That again is one of the problems not a solution. SOPs are SOPs. Some people are checking using convention and opinion as SOPs. Fine great as a comment in de-brief but not as a negative write up in your ERAS.

I and all my mates are "playing the game" as best as we know, but unless you have been personally affected and you lack an empathy gene then I guess I am banging my head against a rock wall ?