PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 14th Nov 2006, 02:06
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
FCUX said
that the last thing they would be expected to do is play a game instead of using their accumulated knowledge, experience and talent to ensure advancement.
Playing the game is:- using "accumulted knowledge, experience and talent" combined with "street smarts"
The more you have the better you can play the game.
You should know what Cx expect of you after being here for 8 odd years, if you don't then you'd better wake up.
How many people spit the dummy after a setback? more than a couple, this is not playing the CX game. Our management want to see a lot of talent mixed with a bit of humility. "I love Cathay, i've done wrong, i'll do better next time, thankyou". That's what they want to hear, not "f.... you Cathay, I deserver better" Those guys never advance.
As I said before I don't like the star chamber system, I don't like the fact a person can be held back by one persons dislike or opinion of another.
CX is what it is--- CX
I am trying to say Cx is not Qf, Ba, Ka, or Ek. We have develped a way of doing things over 60 years, right or wrong this is our way. Things evolve slowly, out with the old in with the new doesn't happen overnight. You should know the system, work with it not against it.
What is the failure rate at the moment? I know it's damn close to 0% on the 777. maybe that's why I have the opinion I do, coming from the best fleet
I guess it fair to say I have a foot on both sides of the fence, I can see the crap aspects of our system, but knowing your enemy goes a long way to defeating him.
Five Greens there are 3 important points in the back of the 777 FCTM:
1/ SOP
2/ Convention and
3/ Opinion.
Keep these in mind.
It's easy to say, but I'll say it again......"play the game"