PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice in a hijack situation!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 14:03
EI - E I - O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A & C, I do see your point, but I don't think any law or legislation, will ever stop people, like the Sept 11th and the Fedex, crew member, who were hell bent on sucicide. Its a horrible senario, to be in, but I must confess, if my back was to the wall, with someone like this, I think you would have to consider fighting fire with fire. Hyjackers are the lowest form of life, they are selfish and sacrifice innocent peoples lives, economies, and peoples very way of life, until they relise that taking over an aircraft, is a pointless way of putting across their crazy fantsies, the risk of hyjack will always remain. Until, the risk is eliminated, we are all being held to randsom, by these people and their allies. Perhaps, it is time to change the training books, on how we deal with these people in an "In Flight" situation, I am not saying ditch every aircraft, we get a crazy fool on, I just think, that maybe it is time to consider alternative options? It will all be about money and what is already available, which can be utilised, maybe the purser or the F.O. can play a very significant role, in perhaps, taking on the role of "Skymarshal"?/