PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 14:21
Marra123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the debate about Easyjet and Jet2, Is it just me or does anyone else believe they are alot different?
Easyjet use 5 737-700s at NCL they are used basically non stop from morning till night and have a 25 minute turn around. With flights to domestic and european destinatons. I dont think Jet2 are much of a threat to EZY at the minute. Next year jet2 are flying to Malaga and Palma which EZY already oprerate 7days a week, I know easyjet have had alot of problems ovr the summer but these were mainly domestic routes such as Bristol and Stansted, which jet2 dont operate and I cant see them operating in the future. With regards to Jet2 taking easyjet passengers off the AGP and PMI routes I cant see this happening as Easyjet operate a good service on these routes and the 'package holiday' type passenger isnt to fussed which airline they fly with as long as its cheap! . Back to easyjets daily operation where for expample this morning there was STN,AGP,BRS,BFS and PMI all outbound by 8am, Jet2s schedule was AMS at 9am but no other flights before 12pm.....my point here is what do they do with there aircraft? why dont these use them at full capacity and do people think they will still offer great operational service if the aircraft were used to full capacity with 30min turnarounds?