PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 11:10
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
fergineer

That is a great shame. Many off us feel unsettled and disappointed that we are in this battle in the first place.

The point should be made that this is not about some short term greed for a pay rise but the reduction in my agreed benefits FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE while the management up to board level are trousering massive bonuses for cutting costs. When our chief pilot pocketed £348,000 a few months ago as his bonus his exhortation to me that I must work another 10 years and have pensionable pay rises and future pension increases pegged below inflation had a somewhat hollow ring to it.

I will fight and fight to win. WW is here for the short term as was RE and Ayling before him. WWs predecessors all walked off with huge golden handshakes. WW will too no doubt. However it will not be at my expense.

As for the 411a's comments about BALPA they have always had the skill to negotiate an acceptable settlement prior to actually striking. An actual strike would be seen in my eyes as a failure. But then we all know that in 411a's Texas world he kicks arse and people do what he says, period.