PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 13th Nov 2006, 09:49
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinders on

First of all the 777 fleet does not suffer from a lack of sectors. The 400 and to a lesser extent the 340/330 fleet does.

Also on the 400 fleet the candidates are less likely to do and ask for what you have in the 777 sim.

If you have done the latest RT I am really suprised you had so much extra time to do all of that. We did not even get all the items on the profile complete in our 4 hours and there was someone on the phone asking us when we were finishing. Now that might be as a result of having more engines buut still means noo extra time. ast RT was the same.

So it is not RUBISH RUBISH RUBISH. It may be "what it is" but it could be better. We the lowly First Officers all know what the problem is. You sir seem to have made it to command at a time when there were not the written reports and hurdles there are now. Nor did you sit and rot as a relief commander when all the while you are being checked at pedantic extremes. I am telling you from personal experience that you get written up for things that are not in the book. For things that are a personal peeve of the checker and for things that the checker has just got plain wrong. If you flew more sectors these would not be an issue, both from an operating seat and from the checking seat.

No I do not want to just accept it. I suppose I could if there were not so many of my friends getting Cat B'd for dubious reasons. Or getting held back on their command courses because of grey areas. Or direct entry captains taking positions that my friends deserve to get a fair crack at first. I have heard all your answers before. Three sides to every story....deserve to fail..etc etc. It still does not wash. We should not sit back as a pilot body and accept that it is entirely our fault. There are problems with the system. Those problems WILL grow as the airline does.

If they cannot increase the command pass rate where the frick are they gonna get the commanders from too fill all the seats on arriving aircraft???
Age 60 will only solve part of the problem.

Which "LOT" are you referring to ?

Standing by.......