PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kunnunurra 2007 - Again.........
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 06:29
bashedcrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must be a different Disco to when I was up there. In my day Disco was GK but that is another story for another time !!! By the way is GK still up there, I heard recently he is now at AA. He has some "different" ideas at times and can be a bombastic old so and so. Have butted heads with him on more than one occasion but deep down he has a heart of gold and will be the first to buy you a beer at the table of knowledge. At least with GK, you know where you stand and if your up front with him, more often then not you may just see a glimmer of respect come your way!!! However "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.....THERE'S THE DOOR !!!!" I heard he threw away the ciggies and the drink to become a marathon bike rider.....you think I'm joking !!!

Brings back some good memories hearing you guys carrying on the legacy. For anyone thinking of going, go do it. It can be tough, the pay is ****, the work is hard but a great place socially to spend a couple of years and you will make some lifelong friends and have some fond memories. The best bit though is when you finally get parole after your 2 or 3 year sentence !!!

Would love to get back up for a pilot awards night sometime. Is Kim Chick still there at Schlongair? Do you still use "Kimberley" as the chat frequency ? Is Laaady in the Boat still the drink of choice ? Is Warringarri still the only radio station you can get on the ADF???

Good luck to you all venturing up that way this year. The only advice i would say is get up there sooner rather than later and if you get a job try hard to not bend anything, it usually has career limiting results. I believe it is an easier environment to get a job there now then when I was up there with less pilots going through the flying schools, or so I am told.

Good luck, good flying and look after those old girls. Many an airline pilot has cut their teeth on those old planes. Happy and safe flying !!

Last edited by bashedcrab; 13th Nov 2006 at 06:41.