PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 03:27
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411a

I don't actually know what Beaver's SFO status has to do with the subject, I'd bet that he is much more in touch with BA pilots' views than you ever have been or ever will be.

As he says, in the UK (for better or worse - but at least we still have profitable airlines) there are laid down processes that have to be followed in the resolution of any dispute before you get to the point where a union or association can legally ballot for / call for a withdrawal of labour. BALPA is a responsible association, and to not follow the letter of the law can result in the sequestration of all money.

Whereas some unions may encourage unofficial work to rule/walkouts, BALPA will not do that.

It is VERY likely that the current situation WILL result in a ballot for any action up to and including strike within the next 2 weeks (+/-). I look to you eating your moth-eaten and faded Tristar management captains hat followed by a large slice of humble pie.

BA B747-400 Captain -to save you looking it up....

Last edited by TopBunk; 13th Nov 2006 at 08:11. Reason: I should have said ballot within about 2 weeks, not a strike.