PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2006, 01:35
Border Collie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the gist of the OP.
I work in a class C Terminal Area radar environment and as such consider I am lucky, as the rules are fairly black and white. I don't have to worry about the variations of responsibility that comes with D and E airspace; I separate, I sequence and as a rule apply 'capital city priorities'.
This priority concept has been around for quite a while now, and is due for review. I understand the direction is heading towards a generic 'class C radar towers' priority, which will align the present Gold Coast and Cairns TMAs with their capital city cousins, and any other class C location to which radar is installed in the future.
I guess the analogy is like when a bus puts on it's indicator to leave the stop, or change lanes, the cars must give way. Only in our case it is up to the controller to manage this, as these priorities are clearly mandated in our instructions, as they will be soon for all class C radar TMAs.
You are free (literally) to fly through my airspace, but expect delays if you are there at the same time as lots of fare paying pax on RPT aircraft.
Cheers