PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous and Dangerous RT
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2006, 19:18
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In fact, the only pilots we see at Swanwick are trainees from Cranfield or wherever. Waste of time. We need people from the coalface .
MancBoy I understand your feeling, but please don't take tar all with the same brush....... I have visited ALL UK centres, mostly on my days off, and on many occasions. I have spent many hours plugged in, and as many in the canteen or pub discussing joint issues. I have to say, I enjoy every single visit.

Like yourselves though, visits are generally limited to self arranged trips in ones own time. Very similar to good quality Famil flights for ATCO's best arranged 'out of work'........... We all have our good and bad characters within our respective sides of the industry, sadly that night Cartman's Twin came across one of our T***'s!

Cartman's Twin,

DO next time ask for the offender to call, better still, have your Watch Manager write to his airline suggesting the offending crew be 'rostered' a visit to your unit, with company credit card in hand for the beer cost in the pub once the famil and shift has finished

30W