PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2006, 15:41
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TolTol
How come some pilots have this roster? I know other pilots who are on 5 on 2 off, 5 on 3 off. Does it depend on where you are based?

Thanks.
Hey guys. The difference in roster days si all due to the contract you initially signed. Ryanair direct guys who recently sign are on that deal, as well as the Brookfields guys.

You will find that Brookfields offer an hoursly pay for block times. It works out for the first 3 months, E40 p/h, then from 3 months to 12 months it becomes E50 p/h. After 12 months, it is capped at E70 p/h. These are all block times, and this is pre tax. Also, Brookfields will not pay in pounds, only euro, and they will not pay into a UK bank account, so you have to set up an off shore, and then declare your earnings in which ever country you feel you want to pay tax. So work on 30% tax bracket in general, and bare in mind there is NO flight pay to be added on that.

Originally Posted by inner
ok thx,

So if i read this, it sounds that only during the line training period (lets say 8-9 weeks)it is a financial difficult period. (15000/12) 1.250eur/month before taxes.

So assume you have 30.000eur and have an extra of, let's say 1500 eur for the line training period (2 o 3 month), it is afterall not that bad???

Or am i too optimistic?
By all accounts, people are still saying there are months between finishing your base check, and going online for the line training. The 6 month training contract beconmes effective the day you pass your base check, so its in Ryanair's best interests to get you online as soon as possible as they have a very cheap first officer. You can also look at it like this, if you are sat around waiting to do you line training, go and get a temp job. You will be earning money from working for a temps agency doing something like working a factory or something, but you are also geting paid your NI, Pension, and a £800 p/m by ryanair for sitting on your butt........??

Originally Posted by Dan 98
Benny71,

I to have a family and it is one of my concerns as it is very hard to just upsticks at a moments notice. However with more aircraft arriving and 2 new bases I expect there will be movement which may create an element of choice ( I hope)!!! Outside the UK would be bad news for me.
Cheers
Dan98
Guys, with this, dont forget that you will be paid for out of base allowance, and you are given free positioning flights, which means you can fly home every night for free on a ryanair flight, or if not, then you have 5 days on, and then free flight home for 4 days at home.....Its not ideal, but it is only going to take 18 months before you have 1500 hours on B737-800....if you dont like it, almost any airline would rip your arm off, and i know this for fact as a couple of guys that finished their training when i stated have done just that. One now flying BA 737-800, one out to india as a fast track captain, and the other is in the process of doing a 777 converstion.

Personally, I am about to go to CAE to do the type rating. I have alot of options, and guys if you really dont want to pay for a type rating, or work for Ryanair because its that bad, apply to airlines in India and Bangladeshi. I applied with f(atpl) and mcc, and 3 airlines came back to me within a week offering me jobs with free flights and accomodation and type ratings, but dont think you are going to get paid much, and you are bonded.....which Im sure people here are forgetting.

I know a guy who has been waiting in the holding pool at CTC for almost a year, and people currently applying being told they would have to wait a year, and that is still going to cost £10K to do taht. They will be bonded to the airline, and then on a cadet sallery, in which time, i will have been paid my type rating costs back, gained well over 500 hours Jet time, and not be bonded, so at any time i want to leave, off i pop!!

Please guys, correct me if i am wrong, but a job isnt going to find you. You have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth. The only way the industry will possibley change is if every shiney new cadet pilot in the country.....(make that the world because UK airlines will only start taking from outside UK), refuses to pay for type ratings.......but you and i know that will never happen. Cadets are shooting themselves in the foot buy being willing to pay, and the airlines know this. They are money making machines, so why would they spend money typing people when people will type themselves.......put yourself into the financial "bottom-line" position they are in. It makes sense doesn it!!??